Instablility of Forms 10.1.2.0.2 after JRE 1.5.0_11 install

10-11  Source: Network gathering  Views:6 

Advertisement
Hi
I recently reported a problem with focus to oracle support. The advice from them was that the problem was fixed in JRE 1.5.0_11. I installed on 2 pcs the new JRE and have found that forms no longer run on either pc. Oddly the behaviour is different on both pcs - frustratingly even reverting the JRE has not fixed the problems.
Anybody else seen similar behaviour?
PC1: After installing 1.5.0_11 I can open a form maybe 2 or 3 times but after that the forms applet fails to start. The java window is spawned but the background image is not displayed and the window just hangs. After it hangs once the pc needs to be rebooted to get the applet to run again. Tried to revert to 1.5.0_01 but still the applet fails to run. 1.5.0_11 has done something terrible to this pc.
Sometimes this error is in the java console
2007-Mar-21 17:32:22.702 ERROR>WUL-928 [CApiFunctions.register_function()] Library d2kwut60.dll not accessible,
or
does not contain function d2kwutil_GetRegKey
2007-Mar-21 17:32:22.827 ERROR>WUL-925 [CApiFunctions.parse_funcHnd()] Object returned from object cache is not of type CFunc Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-3" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle.forms.webutil.cApi.CPtr
at oracle.forms.webutil.cApi.CParamList.toArray(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.webutil.cApi.CApiFunctions.invokeCApi(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.webutil.cApi.CApiFunctions.getProperty(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.handler.UICommon.onGet(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onGetHandler(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processMessage(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processSet(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessageReal(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessage(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processEventEnd(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWComponent.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWComponent.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
PC2: 1.5.0_11 is more stable on these pcs than pc1. The applet fails to start as on PC1 however far less frequently. A new issue is that 1 in every 6 or 7 attempts the applet is frozen on startup. The form displays but I cannot click on any buttons or the menu.
Resizing the window unfreezes the form. I have seen this behaviour on our menu form but not on the App Server test form. The menu form uses the code from metalink note 358468.1 to maximise the java window. When I remove this code the form does not freeze.
Update - now on PC2 the forms applet fails to start each time with the above error in the java console
We have many users here and I and one other are actually the only ones that experiences this. Sometimes I can only only open 2 forms before it freezes other times many but it locks up my IE and the java frame. I just have to close those and get back into our site and I can go at it again without restarting. We have an option to allow users to open it in a separate frame (like I do) or embedded in browser window. The separate frame is the only one causing problems.
I will be curious if you find out anything.
I tried 1.5.0_10 and 11 and had the same issue. I seem to be better off with 1.4.2_06 which is what I am running right now. We were using Jinitiatior and moved to the JRE as we have many users and its easier for us to get the admins to rollout the JRE than a new Jinitiator when we went to 10g.
Related articles